“EC3” is Judge Thompson’s “Expedited Criminal Case Calendar”. This Calendar will be considered on Thursday afternoons, beginning promptly a 1:30 p.m. Should Judge Thompson not be available on a particular Thursday, then Judge Thompson will try to hold an EC3 at another time during that particular week. Judge Thompson will not hold an EC3 during Trial Weeks or First Appearance weeks. Counsel and pro se litigants are encouraged to contact Judge Thompson’s Judicial Assistant, Christina Jones, with any questions regarding the EC3 Calendar or when the next scheduled EC3 Calendar will be conducted.
For a case to be considered on any particular EC3, all of the following requirements must be complied with:
1) You must obtain the consent of an Assistant State Attorney to have your matter taken up on a specific EC3;
2) You must contact the Court’s Clerk no later than 2:00 p.m. on the day prior to the specific EC3 you desire to request that all files pertaining to the matter you want the Court to consider are brought to the Courtroom for your hearing. Contact is to be made by email to: email@example.com;
3) You must contact the Court’s Certified Spanish Language Interpreter no later than 2:00 p.m. on the day prior to the specific EC3 you desire to request the Interpreter’s presence if your client needs services. Contact is to be made by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your client needs some other interpreter services, then you must make the necessary arrangements to have such services available;
4) You must make all necessary arrangements for timely transport if your client is in custody;
5) You must bring a copy of all filings you want the Court to consider on a specific EC3. This is required since your filings may not have been docketed by the time of the EC3;
6) You must not bring a matter to EC3 that cannot reasonably be completed within 15 minutes; and
7) Failure to comply with all of these requirements will result in your matter being passed to a later date.