Below you will find the Process Server’s application and Administrative Order A2008-21-B regarding policy and procedure for certified process servers. The Administrative Order requires the following for consideration and placement on the approved list of Certified Civil Process Servers for the Fifth Judicial Circuit.
· Applicants must attend the Process Servers seminar and successfully pass a written examination. PLEASE NOTE: The seminar is October 5, 2018 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The seminar will be held in the Lake County Emergency Management & Communications Center, 425 W. Alfred St., Tavares, FL 32778.
· A completed application. (see below)
· A surety bond of $5,000.00. The bond is required prior to certification but is not required to attend the seminar.
· A completed and notarized Certificate of Good Conduct and Oath. (see below)
· Applicants for the Certified Process Server for the Fifth Judicial Circuit must submit to a Level II background screening. Please contact Robin Hamel at 352-253-1607 to schedule a background screening.
· $250.00 application fee. Check or Money Order should be made payable to the STATE OF FLORIDA.
The completed application and other requirements must be submitted to the Process Server Coordinator, Court Administration, Lake County Courthouse, 550 W. Main Street, Tavares, FL 32778, no later than one day prior to attending the seminar and taking the exam, or you will not be permitted to participate.
The authorizing Administrative Order can be downloaded from the website under circuit-wide Administrative Order A2008-21-B.
Process Server Application
Certificate of Good Conduct and Oath